China Travel Answer

Q: Can you please advise what kind of power sockets China operates. I am travelling from UK. What adaptor will I require?

Electricity in China is 220V and 50HZ (in Great Britain, where you are, it is 230V and 50HZ). In Taiwan, it is 110V; in Hong Kong, 200V-220V. The plug type used in the UK is G; in China, you may find different types of electricity plugs and sockets, including A, I, and G types. To see how they look like, go to the following web pages:!ab.htm!i.htm!g.htm

You can bring with you a multi-purpose plug adapters so that you'd be prepared for different kinds of sockets. In any event, double check to make sure you've got what you need.