Major Wholesale Markets in China
There are large wholesale markets all over China. Foreign buyers, however, mostly go to those that can be more easily accessed and probably have more experience in dealing with foreign purchasers. Below are some of these wholesale markets.
What is generally called a wholesale market in China is, in many cases, a marketplace where large numbers of trading companies take up offices, counters, or stalls to sell to buyers from around China (evidently from abroad too) who want to purchase goods at lower prices. Quite a few such wholesale centers may exist next to one another in a given neighborhood to maximize the opportunities offered by the inflow of buyers. Some smaller cities, such as Yiwu, has made wholesaling their main business.
Some of the wholesale markets deal with a wide range of goods whereas others specialize in one kinds of merchandise. Yiwu, for example, is a wholesale center known for all kinds of small goods. Shishi in Fujian and Humen in Guangdong, on the other hand, are known for apparels.
- Dahongmen Garment Wholesale Market (Dahongmen Fuzhuang Pifa Shichang). No. 15, Yongnan Lu, Fengtai District, Beijing.
- Chongqing Chaotianmen Wholesale Market (Chongqing Chaotianmen Pifa Shichang). Chaotianmen, Yuzhong District, Chongqing.
- Guangzhou Bamai Apparels Market (Guangzhou Baima Fuzhang Shichang). No. 16, Zhannan Lu, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province.
- Humen Fumin Clothing Wholesale Market (Humen Fumin Fuzhang Pifa Shichang). No. 24 Yinglong Lu, Humen Township, Dongguan, Guangdong Province.
- Shenzhen Seg Electronics Market (Shenzhen Seg Dianzi Shichang). Shennan Zhong Lu at Huaqiang Bei Lu, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province.
- Shishi Clothing City (Shishi Fuzhuang Cheng). Nanyang Lu, Shishi, Fujian Province.
- Harbin Toulong Market (Harbin Toulong Shichang). No. 58 Shitoudao Jie, Daoli District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province.
- Zhengzhou Textile World (Zhengzhou Fangzhi Da Shijie). No. 53 Xizhan Lu Xi Duan, Zhongyuan District, Zhengzhou, Henan Province.
- Jiangsu Wujiang China Eastern Silk Market (Jiangsu Wujiang Dongfang Sichou Shichang). No. 73 Shichang Dong Lu, Shengze Township, Wujiang, Jiangsu Province.
- Shenyang Wuai Market (Shenyang Wuai Shichang). No. 77 Renao Lu, Shenhe District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province.
- Linyin Wholesale Market (Linyi Pifa Shihang). Lanshan District, Linyi, Shandong Province.
- Qipulu Apparels Market (Qipulu Fuzhuang Shichang). Qipulu, Zhabei District, Shanghai.
- Hangzhou Sijiqing Clothes Market (Hangzhou Sijiqing Fuzhuang Shichang). No. 417 Jiefang Dong Lu, Jianggan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province.
- Yiwu China Small Goods City (Yiwu Zhongguo Xiao Shangpin Cheng). No. 451 Chouzhou Bei Lu, Yiwu, Zhejiang Province.