Visa on arrival at Lo Wu

Dear Sir, I'm Thai traveller. I have a plan to travel for 1 day trip from Hongkong to Shenzhen on May 19. Can I request for Visa on arrival at Lo Wu border?

Thanks for your kindness and best regards,

Takrit

Theoretically you should be able to get a 5-day Shenzhen visa upon your arrival at Luohu (Lo Wu) border cross. There is no guarantee, however, that you will get a visa. Since you come a long way from Thailand, it would be better for you to get a visa in advance. You can get a standard visa while in home country, in Hong Kong, and possibly at Luohu cross. If you do not mind, I suppose you can just try your luck. If you do not the landing visa, you can apply for a standard visa in Hong Kong, through one of those China Travel Service offices. It seems that the Chinese authorities keep the Shenzhen landing visa rules vague. They do not want to have a whole lot people descend upon the cross expecting to get landing visas, and they want to reserve the right to reject some of the applications. Passport-holders' nationalities make a difference, as does the prior experience in China, or the lack thereof, also make a difference. We've heard visitors from Southeast Asia getting the Shenzhen landing visa, but again there is no guarantee that will happen in all the cases.

Also, you probably know that the Shenzhen landing visa is a 5-day visa limited to Shenzhen; you cannot go with this visa to other parts of China.

You'll find some more related info here:

http://www.allchinavisits.com/forum/questions-and-answers/1615-applying-visa-at-luo-hu