How to go river chang ziang from guangzhou

I am currently in ke si, 6 hour from Guangzhou, my family would like to visit river chang zhiang, how do we fo from Guangzhou ? Thanks

By "river chang zhiang" or "chang ziang" do you mean "River Chang Jiang"? Chang Jiang is the Yangzi River (Yangtzu River). Many people do the cruise through the Three Gorges of the Yangzi River. In that case they first go to the city Chongqing and then flow down the river on a cruise ship to Yichang in Hubei Province. Cities Shanghai, Nanjing and Wuhan are also located on the Yangzi River. You can fly or travel by train from Guangzhou or some other larger city to these places.

If you do not mean Chang Jiang or Yangzi River, then you need to check your spelling or the rough location of your destination (province? county?). The names you provided are standard romanization of Chinese characters.

Thanks so much CTA man.

1. May I know how do I go from Guangzhou to chongqing in order to take the cruise?
2. How long is the cruise? Where is the end destination ? I need to fly back to Singapore after that.

Regards,

Allan Gan

Hi, Allan. The most common Yangzi  cruise is to depart from Chongqing and stop at Yichang. A cruise like this lasts about three days. There will be excursions on the way. There will also be the tour of the Three Gorges Dam at the end of the cruise. This is the standard way to do the Yangzi Cruise. Some people choose to go up the river from Yichang for a quick and short visit, a kind of a day trip. Yichang is a city on the Yangzi in eastern Hubei Province. There are cruises that go all the way down the river to Shanghai. That long cruise, however, would take 7 days to complete.

There are quite some curise options. Some boats are nicer and more comfortable than others. Some cater to international tourists, some mainly to the locals. There may be notable differences in prices. Here, for example, is a Chongqing-Yichang cruise that goes for about US$500 - http://www.chinatours.com/package/yangtze-cruise/012.html. Here is one that costs about US$1,000. Here you'll find introduction to some cruise ships that operate on the Yangzi - http://www.yangtzeriver.org/.

You can fly from Guangzhou to Chongqing. Flight time is just short of 2 hours. One way flight costs ¥700-900. There are also train links between Guangzhou and Chongqing, but it takes much longer to go, like 20 hours or more. You may want to think about whether you want to get a tour package through a travel agency - to have them take care of both the cruise and the transportation from and back to Guangzhou. You can then fly back to Singapore from Guangzhou or Hong Kong. There seem to be flights between Chongqing and Singapore too. One possiblity is that you do the cruise upstream from Yichang to Chongqing and then fly from Chongqing to Singapore directly. A upstream takes longer and the ship would be going at night too. A downstream cruise ship will can dock at night and passenger sleeps better. You can check them out. 

Also keep in mind that after the completion of the Three Gorges Dam, water level of the Yangzi River between Chongqing and Yichang has risen quite a bit and the views of the Gorges are not as dramatic as they used to be. It is a still a neat cruise though.