wholesale computer and electronics

I am planning a trip to China soon. I am not sure if i should go to Hong kong or Guangzhou  for wholesale computer and electronics. I would love to get your opinion.

Since you're traveling to Hong Kong, you might as well visit Shenzhen, Dongguan and Guangzhou. The cities lie just a couple of hours away from Hong Kong. Goods in mainland China are still generally cheaper than those in Hong Kong, even though the difference in prices have been rapidly narrowing. In the region centered around Shenzhen, Dongguan and Guangzhou there are many electronic manufacturing/assembling factories and wholesale markets where you may find some good deals. For example, one such area in Shenzhen is Huaqiangbei, where there are a large number of businesses specializing in electronics. At Saige Dianzi Shichang (Saige Electronic Market) there are a couple of thousand stalls/counters doing business. Not too far away are Huaqiang Dianzi Shijie (Huaqiang Electronic World), Duhui Dianzi Cheng (Metropolitan Electronic City), Saibo Hongda Shuma Guangchang (Saibo Hongda Digital Plaza). In Guangzhou there are similar markets, such as the Saige market in the Tianhe Gan?ding area, or Haiyin Electronics City, which is located in central Guangzhou, or Nanfang Dianzi Dasha (Nanfang Electronics Plaza), which is not too far from Haiyin Electronics City.

You can travel by train or bus from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, Dongguan and Guangzhou. Travel time is one to two hours. If you plan to visit Shenzhen only, you can go to the border cross and get a visa on the spotwhich will give you five days in Shenzhen (this landing visa is not available to U.S. citizens); with this visa you can stay in Shenzhen for up to five days but you should not go outside Shenzhen. If you want to go beyond Shenzhen, you need to get yourself a standard China visa, in your home country or after you arrive in Hong Kong. If you apply for your visa in Hong Kong, it takes anywhere from one to three days for you to get it.